Sunday 20 January 2013

Ode to my Brother

Today is my brothers birthday.
I think 2013 and his ____th year (I wont fill in the blank and disclose his age) will be a great one for him.
He has always been someone i look up to.
We may have different personalities, and may differ on our opinions on certain topics, but i always feel like i can go to him if i ever need him and he will be there.

The qualities i most admire in him are his loyalty to his friends/family, his generosity and sensitivity.  He is not afraid to show his emotions.  Weddings typically bring out his emotional reactions..did i say emotional, i meant allergic reactions.  No he is not crying again...someone get him some Claratin and a tissue for his allergies stat.

These are the qualities that i continue to work on, and continue to look to him for inspiration.  I hope one day some lucky children get to see these qualities in a father.  For now, my daughter is lucky to see them in her uncle.

So instead of the usual 'Oh Brother', this is my ode to you brother.  Happy Birthday...wishing you many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment