Thursday 24 January 2013

Fitness challenge

I have to admit that January has been off to a slow start in my workout regime.  The boot camp classes that I have been doing are not starting up again until February due to a change of location.
I will get back to it full swing on my own this week until the classes resume.
I decided I needed a fitness challenge.

12 consecutive Pull-ups. Simple right?  Not for most people i know, definitely not  in my age group.  This is why i think it is the perfect challenge.

No expensive equipment needed...other than a cheap pull-up door mount and yourself (the door mounts are super cheap...of course you are priceless!)

I will give myself a few months at least. I think i can do 2-3 at most right now.

The plan is simple for now.  3 sets of maximum push-ups in the morning and before I got to bed (every night).  Push ups strengthen the muscles that you need for a pull up.  Since i can't perform a lot of pull ups right now I am going to start with the negative pull up routine.

Grab a stool, lift yourself up to the chin up position and slowly let yourself back all the way to the ground.  I will do 3 sets of 12 for a few weeks.  Trying a few pull-ups on my own along the way too.

Will post a progress video soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment