Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year



2013 Resolutions
I have decided that it is time to start documenting my resolutions.  Success of resolutions requires one to write it down and document the goal attaining progress.  I am going to start with my blog and have also created other non online reminders that will stare me in the face daily. I wont bother writing down an explanation of all of my goals here, but maybe go into a bit of detail on some of them.

Start a blog- Yes, i have started and finished the first step of one of my resolutions!  Still in my pajamas on New Years Day and i created my blog and wrote up a first entry (I hope Blogger does not show time of post entry because it would be embarrassing that i admitted i am still in my PJ's at this time of day).
Before i started researching templates, designs, images, fonts and layout i decided to just write!  So this blog is just in its initial simple form...nothing fancy, but it is up and running and that is all that matters.
I did not even know what to write in the About Me section.  That will be edited with more on the meaning behind the title of my blog and what i hope to accomplish by writing a blog.  I found these funny cartoons that depict what i hope others don't think about my blog endeavor.  I really don't have any expertise in a specific area.  Just looking to create an online journal for my own use and to share with those that want to read it.  It may be more interesting than myself in person. I tend to be a listener, this will be my outlet to release some of my knowledge or lack thereof.  

    

Work on home organization- I have always had a problem with organizational skills.  I am not disorganized where everything is a mess. I loathe clutter, mess and things not put in their right place.  You would think that would lead to me being obsessed with organization, instead it makes me procrastinate in this area.  I am always trying to find the PERFECT method of organization, that i get overwhelmed and stick to what is working right now (just using the same organization strategy i have been using over and over again, the one that has not been 100% efficient for me ).  So i am starting off with room by room and finding new ways that will help me be more efficient. Pinterest has been amazing, and i have already bookmarked (pinned) doable projects that will help me in this area.
Journey to resolution:  I have started step 1 of many in this area with the help of my husband.  He went to Solutions to pick up a bin that we could use to organize our Christmas decor.  This bin was perfect and it was honestly a fun task packing away the decorations neatly.  The bin was specially designed for packing away ornaments and had compartments that made packing so much EASIER and EFFICIENT (see my two goals of organization was met with this one bin).  No more packing them in a bunch of random boxes and newspapers and piling them in a corner in the basement.


 I know unpacking the Christmas decor will be so much more fun next year.  Pretty bins make me happy...cluttered cardboard boxes should never be used to organize anything.
One check off the organizational to-do list for Christmas decor. All other rooms of the house need to be checked off one by one this year.

Conversational French:
I have a love affair with the french language.  I love hearing the language being spoken and enjoy listening to french music.  In fact one of my favorite CD's i purchased for my daughter is a French CD by Carmen Campagne. She loves it too, that she has learned most of the songs on the CD and can sing en Francais.
I was part of the Extended French program in elementary school (starting in grade 5 where all of our subjects were in French with the exception of  Math and Religion).  I continued in High school and received a bilingual diploma.  I took one university French course and after not doing as well as i wanted to, I dropped it and never continued any more formal training in French. Although my understanding of French is actually not a problem, i lack in the area of French conversational skills.  My written is not bad and i know i have to work on that area too (proper conjugations, articles, and feminine/masculine) .  I have to research what will enable me to accomplish this goal. Going to look into night classes, or perhaps Rosetta Stone to help. I think finding a meetup group where i am forced out of my comfort zone to speak French is the best way to attain this.

Photography:
Simply put, i want more pictures of all of us in the photos and to stop shying away from pictures.  I also want to make sure that my pictures don't remain in digital format.  I am going to start printing pictures, putting them in frames and albums.  Once a year i am also going to create a hardcover coffee table type album in order for us to have a yearbook documentation of previous years we can look back on.

Of course i have fitness and cooking goals that i want to accomplish this year. Going to dust out the food processor, and juicer i have stashed away.  Early last year our family started blending green smoothies,  and i have seen a lot of benefits.

Last but not least, i am always on the journey of self improvement. I find that i used to look for complicated ways to fulfill this goal. Setting volunteer goals that were too difficult for me to accomplish due to various reasons.  Now, i have realized that i need to start off with simple, yet meaningful ways on how i interact with people in my inner circle first.  I have some clear goals ahead that focus on my relationships with different members of my family.  I do have some goals of extending myself to others in need as well, but still need to do some contacting and research on how best to do that on order for it not to simply be a stated resolution, but one i can put in action.

I am hoping that putting it out there will be a motivator to accomplish my 2013 goals.  If you need a good daily reminder of your 2013 goals, may i recommend  creating your own real life goal board, much like Pinterest.  A painted cork board,  framed fabric board or for non DIYers i found some great ones at HomeSense recently.


All the best in 2013 to anyone reading this.














No comments:

Post a Comment