Wednesday 27 February 2013

Things You Should Know About Me If We're Going To Be BFF

I was part of a precision skating team.   I was always placed at the end of the line when doing turns because i could skate fast and handle high speeds while being whipped around.  I was asked to be put into competitive pairs figure skating with my brother.  He told my parents he would drop me on purpose if they made us skate together.

I do not find salon visits relaxing.  Actually the opposite.  I find my appointments last too long, and i am always worried about how my cut/colour will turn out.  Yesterday was my first time colouring my hair since 2007.  I most likely will let it go natural again.  

I am very picky on where i like to sit at restaurants.  I don't like sitting near the entrance or the kitchen

I price match a lot (not on groceries) and even check flyers to make sure something i bought has not gone on sale.  When we moved into our first home and purchased our outdoor patio furniture and decor, i got everything reduced by checking the flyer for 90 days after purchase. Same with clothes...

Related to above.  I am not afraid to ask for discounts or extras added in.  

I still love going to wedding websites and i have been married for 5 years.  I bought two dresses for my wedding.  The first one was a Vera Wang from Ebay, which i sold for what i paid before the wedding.  I fell in love with a Romona Keveza dress that i got as a pristine sample from a bridal shop.  After my wedding, i sold the dress for about $100 less than i paid.

I wash my hair only once a week.  I have very thick, curly hair.  When i blowdry it straight it actually looks best on day 3.

I love getting things from Kijiji.  One persons junk, is someone else's treasure.  I also love buying from Ebay.

I procastinate often.  Not because of laziness, mostly due to lack of confidence.  I work best when i don't think things through too much.


I lived on campus for my first year of university, even though my parents lived only 1/2 hour away (thanks Mom and Dad).  My marks were poor first year, but i had fun.  I buckled down after taking a break from University and got high enough grades to get into a good Teachers College after completing my B.Science.

I can't draw.  I still use a variation of a stick person when i draw people.  My 3 year old puts me to shame.

I used to lie a lot.  
Edit:  I was not a compulsive liar about everything.  I had a hard time with embarrassment.  Instead of looking bad, I would tell little lies.  I finally realized that my friends loved me no matter what and I did not have to hide the true me.  

I was a crazy fast runner when i was young.  Especially in elementary school.  In cross country meets, i would sprint at the beginning of the race and still have enough in me to finish first while sprinting to the finish line.

My husband was my first real boyfriend.  We met when i was 19.

I am picky about lending my clothes/shoes out to friends.

I love being in my PJ's

I had 6 pack abs through my teens and in my 20's.  My goal is to get them back again...i have to be more diligent with my workouts and what i eat though.

My junk food indulgence is Zesty Doritos.

When on vacation, i am a bit of a 'Danny Tanner'.  I do like to relax at the beach or poolside, but i also like to fit in as much as i can.  I don't sleep in while on vacation (although i will take a power nap).


I see your true colours, and that's why i love you.


I got this idea from Cherry Pie Twins.   It was fun to do, and i have more to share that i will save for the next time i do this.

























3 comments:

  1. This is great! I don't find the salon relaxing either... I'm always antsy to get out of there! And I remember you being a fast runner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved running. I continued competing even until first year University. I am hoping to do some races this spring/summer (1/2 marathon).

      Delete
  2. I LOVE THIS! I love all these little random things about you that I never knew! I did know you used to run though :)

    Can't wait to read more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete