Wednesday 3 April 2013

I love me some 'mom' jeans...

So i have been on the lookout for some light weight skinny jeans to wear this spring/summer.   I used to be drawn to The Gap  because you can get jeans at an affordable price (it seems like they have sales all the time- i am always getting email notifications about sales and promotion deals in the mail).
I do have some reservation about spending my money on Gap jeans though.  I find that they stretch out way too much, even when you get them super tight. They lose their shape fast, and i find i am constantly needing to buy new pairs due to it stretching out too much...to the point of no return.  Not even a blast of heat from the dryer shrinks them back down. 

I found this review from another blogger, and i really do think she is on to something about Gap.  Maybe i will post some comparison jean shots as i have a few over stretched Gap jeans i can compare to some newer purchases.
An Inconvenient Gap of Truth

Ok, so back to my skinny jean search.  I did have one odd requirement for my skinny jean.  It had to be high waisted!  AKA the 'Mom' jeans.  I wanted the waist of the jeans really high so that i could bend down and sit down without wearing a belt and there would be enough jean to not show anything underneath.

Hmmmm...where do i find these high waisted jeans?  There is a fine line between the look i want and the look i do not want.  I think i am standing on the right side of the line with my recent jean purchase.

American Apparel Easy Jean

So, when you look at the website, i find the pictures do no do it justice...they kinda look 80's jeans that give an instant pouchy look ( I don't know if pouchy is even a word, but i am using it). I find most of their ads are very retro and they style a lot of their clothes reminiscent of 80's fashion ads.  The 80's had a lot of provocative ads in which they used young looking girls and sexualized them to sell a product.  Just like some popular 80's movies like Blue Lagoon using a young Brooke Shields, companies were following suit with their advertisements.     

American Apparel ads can be a post to itself...lets get back to the jeans.

I tried them on, and for my body type they are perfect. I already love the American Apparel High Waisted Leggings and the easy jean is a jegging version of it.  They fit amazing, and the higher waist is very spanx like, instantly shaping your tummy. They also fit really nice on the butt, giving it a bit of a lift.  

Here are some pictures i found online.





On Miley Cyrus






Here are some blog threads that i think show the pants really well.  

Style Fluency

Jazzabells Diary

I like this blog because it shows how the large size of this jean fits.  I really think it is flattering on all body types.
Her Paige

Try these on the next time you are near an American Apparel store.  You may just find the 'mom' jean love too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment